Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Interesting tidbit

So I was reading on Chicagotribune.com and came across an article about a transgender politician from here in Georgia that was brought to court by one of the opposing candidates and sued for "missing leading voters." Basically the opponent claimed that by running as a woman, she got more votes because the voters tend to vote for women. The case got thrown out but I thought I'd share it.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/
sns-ap-transgender-politician,1,827243.story

2 comments:

AmandaG123 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AmandaG123 said...

Definitely proof that the two sexes aren't enough!

This is terrible. Yes, politicians can often get catty, but is accusing someone of misleading the public because they are transgender really accomplishing anything? This makes me embarrassed to ever have argued that I can see how having only two sexes makes things less complicated.