Monday, April 28, 2008

More activities

Hey everyone - I hope you are all doing well as the semester winds down. I just wanted to inform you all of another wonderful event taking place at Charis Books, the bookstore where I did my activist practicum. Since this class has prepared us all to become more socially aware and active, it might also be of use to do go about this activism in a healthy and balanced way. Again, like Jackie in her post below, I know everyone has a lot on their minds with finals and everything, but I really do recommend a visit to the bookstore to take a look at the type of community it fosters and I think the event held there on May 1st seems like the perfect opportunity to do so. Here is a description of the event from the website:
7:30-9:00pm. Sonali Sadequee, founder of Sustainable Wellness, will facilitate a free interactive workshop for activists needing tools for regaining health and balance while experiencing "wholistic justice". As we go about the work of making the world a better place, we must be able to sustain and renew ourselves and promote wellness in each other as a community, according to Sonali's teachings. Come learn about the Sustainable Wellness philosophy, nutrition, and lifestyle practices that will make your own wellness a REAL ACTION ITEM for the long haul!
I think a lot of the types of activities we've all been involved in can take their toll on us, so this could be a really fascinating activity.

No comments: